A company in New York City in the United States first offered installation of air conditioning for cars in 1933. Most of their customers operated limousines and luxury cars. Almost every vehicle has air conditioning now. Make sure to have your a/c system checked annually as we come upon the soaring temperatures ahead.
A/C SYSTEM CHECKED ANNUALLY
Sitting in traffic when temperatures soar without a properly functioning air conditioning (A/C) system. This is the last place most drivers want to be. To help avoid this uncomfortable situation, the non-profit Car Care Council recommends that motorists be car care aware. Have their A/C system checked annually to make sure it is working at peak performance when they need it most.
A vehicle’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning system (HVAC)
A vehicle’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning system also known as (HVAC). This keeps the interior cabin comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. Typical A/C service consists of the following steps:
- Service technician visually inspects hoses, lines, seals. Also other components for leaks as well as inspect the drive belt for cracks or damage.
- Technician checks pressures to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
- If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak. Keep in mind that if your vehicle is leaking refrigerant, it is damaging the ozone layer.
- Refrigerant may be added if necessary to “top off” the system. Although some states do not allow “topping off.”
- A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination, which is the mixing of refrigerants.
- A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
The Car Care Council also recommends that when having a vehicle’s HVAC system inspected. The cabin air filter should be checked to make sure air is flowing properly into the car.
“Making sure your A/C system is working properly will keep you cool and safe when you hit the road this summer,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council.
Roadmaster Engine has been supplying rebuilt Chevy engines since 1953.
If you have any questions contact us at www.roadmasterengineworld.com or 800-447-9899 or email us .
And we have the best Warranty with 18 months/unlimited miles.
Follow us on our Facebook page.
Furthermore, feel free to leave a comment. Share us as well!
Subscribe to our blogs and keep up with Technical Bulletins, Car Care, engines and transmissions: