Here’s a great article from AutoNetTV.com about the 10 service items that are often overlooked. They’re all very important and need appropriate attention.
1. Power Steering Service: Be honest; have you ever thought of this on your own? Your power steering fluid gets dirty and builds-up moisture over time.
2. Wheel Alignment: When your wheels are out of alignment your car pulls to one side. It’s pretty annoying, but it’s also dangerous. And it causes your tires to wear out really fast; which is expensive!
3. Differential Service: Okay, did you even know you had a differential? Well you do. One, two or three in fact. Differentials are often called gear boxes and they’re part of the drive-train that transfers power from the engine to your wheels. They don’t need service that often, but you can’t just ignore them.
4. Cabin Air Filter: More and more cars these days have cabin air filters to clean the air in the passenger area where we sit. They filter out dust and pollen. When they’re clogged up, they can get smelly.
5. Timing Belt Replacement: Most cars and some vans and trucks have timing belts. Without going into a lot of detail, let’s just say that your car won’t run without it – period. And if it breaks while you’re driving it can do thousands of dollars worth of engine damage.
6. Transmission Service: Transmission service is very basic, but it’s often forgotten. Your transmission needs clean fluid from time to time to keep running efficiently and avoid costly repairs.
7. Air Conditioning Service: Most of us don’t think about our air conditioning until it doesn’t work. Then if you’re lucky, you just need to add refrigerant. If you’re not, some of the components may have been ruined. Those components are not cheap.
8. Brake Service: No we’re not talking about squealing, grinding brakes here. We’re talking brake fluid. Over time the fluid gets a lot of water in it. Because water compresses differently than the brake fluid, your brakes won’t work as well.
9. Coolant System: Another thing that’s so easy to forget about: When you don’t change your antifreeze on schedule it becomes corrosive. Fresh coolant contains additives that maintain the pH balance in the coolant.
10. Fuel System Cleaning: In times of high fuel prices, fuel system cleaning is so important. Fuel gums up a bunch of parts as it moves from the gas tank and through the engine. A thorough fuel system cleaning will keep clean gas flowing into the engine.
Did you know that a recent survey showed that 90 percent of vehicles on the road have at least one scheduled maintenance service that hasn’t been performed? Based on our busy lives, we’re not surprised.
Contact us at 800-447-9899 or email us with all your questions and requests.
Follow us on our Facebook page.
In Conclusion take a look at our dependable remanufactured engines process on our home page.
Roadmaster has the best service with over 50 years in business experience and customer care.
Furthermore, feel free to leave a comment. Share us as well!
Subscribe to our blogs and keep up with Technical Bulletins, Car Care, engines and transmissions: