Increasing gas miles takes a little effort but adds up to a lot of savings.
- Tire pressure needs to be accurate as indicated in the door jam sticker on the driver’s side. Always fill them cold, after having sat idle for more than 6 hours. Potential fuel savings: 6-11% over under inflated tires
- Air filter replacement every 12,000 miles Potential fuel savings: as much as 10%
- Stay around 60-65mph (fuel economy tends to drop-off at higher speeds) Potential fuel savings: 7-23%
- Oil change every 5,000 miles (with recommended grade motor oil) Potential fuel savings: 1-2%
- Easing up on the accelerator and gentle braking Potential fuel savings: 5-12%
- Removing roof racks and roof storage bins Potential fuel savings: 1-6%
- Cleaning-out weight (aka junk) – an extra 100 pounds can reduce MPG by as much as 2% Potential fuel savings: 1-2% per 100 lbs.
- Turning OFF air conditioner Potential fuel savings: negligible
Contact us at 800-447-9899 or email us with all your questions and requests.
Follow us on our Facebook page.
In Conclusion take a look at our dependable remanufactured engines process.
Roadmaster has the best service with over 50 years in business experience and customer care.
Furthermore, feel free to leave a comment. Share us as well!
Subscribe to our blogs and keep up with Technical Bulletins, Car Care Tips, engines and transmissions: